Frequently Asked Questions
Who will plan and coordinate the event?
While hiring a wedding planner/coordinator is not required, if you do want someone to coordinate the entire wedding day (ie hair and make up, photography, etc.) we would recommend hiring a professional. Our Catering and Events Team will coordinate everything on site for your Hilton Head destination wedding!
What is your payment/cancellation policy?
The deposit to hold your date is $1,500 which applies toward your final billing. Your contract will outline the remaining payment dates. All payments are non-refundable.
Severe weather, family emergencies, and other unforeseen circumstances will be treated on a case-by-case basis. We understand life happens! Your contract will outline the cancellation policy in full.
Can you accommodate physically challenged guests?
How do I bring my dress to the destination wedding?
We do not have an area for you to get ready. We do ask you get ready prior to arriving at the venue.
How can I make my destination wedding event unique?
We have plenty of options for lowcountry activities for your guests to participate in during your wedding weekend including golf, tennis, pickleball, fishing charters, dolphin tours, bikes, kayaks, and canoes. During the wedding itself, you can work with your coordinator to spruce up your menus and customize options for your wedding experience!
Is there a site fee for the venue?
Yes, the site fee will depend on peak or off season and which venue is chosen. Please inquire with your Catering and Events Sales Manager for specifics.
What about rain?
When you book an outdoor venue, a back-up location will automatically be held for you in case of inclement weather. The decision is made at least (6) hours in advance. All weather elements, including lighting or high winds, will be considered when making the decision.
Are you LGBTQ friendly?
We certainly are! Read more about our dedication to your love and how proud we are to be a part of it.
Do you offer a farewell brunch?
We love brunch! Alexander’s Restaurant and Wine Bar is an ideal location for a fabulous brunch overlooking the lagoon. Please inquire with your Catering and Events Sales Manager for pricing and availability.
Do you offer a honeymoon package?
Yes! We have the perfect solution for any couple looking for a quick escape just after you've tied the knot. You may not have a week or two to spend honeymooning, so we've come up with the ultimate package for you, our Mini Moon Package. Learn more here.
What are the legal requirements for a marriage in South Carolina?
- Spouse and spouse must appear together and file a written application. This application contains the following information: both persons seeking the contract of matrimony are legally entitled to marry together with the full name of the persons, their ages and places of residence, their social security numbers, or the alien identification numbers assigned to resident aliens who do not have social security numbers. This is a sworn statement that must be signed by both contracting parties and notarized in the office of the Probate Judge in which the license is to be issued.
- There is a twenty-four hour waiting period after the application is filed before the license can be picked up and the parties can be married.
- Applicants eighteen years old or older DO NOT NEED PARENTAL CONSENT. Applicants between eighteen and twenty-five years old must present one piece of identification. Identification may be one of the following:
- Valid driver's license
- Original birth certificate or a certified copy of the birth certificate
- Valid S.C. identification card issued by the S.C. Highway Department
- Current military identification card
- A current passport
- With parental consent, males and females must be at least sixteen years old to be eligible for a license. Any applicant under the age of eighteen years old must file an original birth certificate or a certified copy of the long form thereof, which becomes part of the permanent record of application. The parent or legal guardian of the minor applicant must appear at the same time as the minor to present identification and sign a form consenting to the marriage.
- No blood test is required
- No residency requirement
- There is a $70 fee for the license. Payments can be made by cash or credit card (processing fee)
- Only ministers of the Gospel or accepted Jewish rabbis and officers authorized to administer oaths in this State are authorized to administer a marriage ceremony in South Carolina.
- A South Carolina marriage license is valid only for marriages performed in South Carolina.
- If you completed a premarital preparation course, please provide the certificate of completion when applying for your marriage license.
Can we rent hammocks, beach chairs, umbrellas, towels, fire rings for our beach wedding?
The town of Hilton Head rents beach chairs and umbrellas on the beach during the peak season months. Hammocks and fire rings are not permitted on Hilton Head beaches.
Can we have a small wedding?
We offer weddings of all sizes and will suggest the venue that will fit your needs best. Please note each venue will have a minimum spend requirement (changes seasonally) regardless of guest count.
Are pets allowed?
We have some pet friendly units that have some restrictions based on the season. Please visit our Resort Policies page to learn more about our pet policies. Should you decide to rent the venues in a private setting, we are happy to allow you to bring your fur babies! Please note that you are responsible for taking care of your pets if brought to your private event. All pets must be confined, leashed, or under physical control of a person at all times.
Do we have the option to keep the bar open longer than the package allows?
You can extend your bar, however all events must end by 10 p.m. due to the local noise ordinance. This would mean an earlier start time.
When do I need to finalize my headcount?
We require your guaranteed number of guests (10) days prior to the event date. The entire policy will be outlined in your contract.
What are some local activities?
Here on property, we have activities to offer every type of guest! We have three championship golf courses (please inquire for group discounted rates!), tennis, pickleball, bike rentals, kayak rentals, canoe rentals, fishing charters, dolphin tours, and so much more!
Can you pick my guests up from their hotels?
The Palmetto Dunes Buggy runs seasonally and is a free shuttle within Palmetto Dunes and Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina. It runs on a first-call, first-serve basis and runs during our peak season from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. More information can be found here. **Please inquire for private shuttle/transportation recommendations.
What are the local airports?
Hilton Head Airport
120 Beach City Rd.
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport
400 Airways Ave
Savannah, GA 31408
How far in advance should I book by destination wedding?
We always recommend sooner rather than later to ensure you get the date you want! We recommend 9 - 12 months out. Please note that we typically do not open the calendar for booking for more than one year out.
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
Yes, and it will depend on the venue and season. Please inquire for pricing on specific dates.
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
Yes, please inquire for pricing.
What is included in the cost of wedding catering?
Your estimate will include the food and beverage, site fee, labor, and taxes. The site fee includes the rental of the venue, silverware, glassware, china, standard linens and napkins, and in-house centerpieces.
What is the starting price per person for bar service?
Bar service starts at $10++ per person per hour. This price includes house beer and wine, sodas, juices, and bottled waters for one hour.
What event services & items do you offer?
We offer food and beverage service, cake cutting, catering, clean up, set up, liability insurance, lighting and outside vendors.
What catering & bar services and items do you provide?
Our catering services include buffet, cocktail reception, plated, stations, dessert, hors d’œuvres, tastings (weddings with a $5,000+ minimum only) and servers.
What are your peak and off-peak seasons?
Our peak seaon is March - October and our off-peak seaon is November - February.